Lighting Technical Sales
- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Lighting Technical Sales ensures timely and accurate response to product and technical support inquiries for customers, sales and service personnel, and in-house personnel. Provide engineering, design and development support for new lighting products and developments. Reports directly to the Lighting Business Unit Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Lead New Business development activities and pursuit activities to acquire new business.
- Support Lighting Program Team to develop opportunities for ED&D Contracts, Prototype & Production Business.
- Support Lighting Program Team to complete design and development of production lighting products
- Provide new ideas and concepts for customers based on the company's capabilities.
- Research market trends to guide alignment of JVIS advanced development to meet future customer needs.
- Stay informed of current competitors and other suppliers developing lighting products.
- Work with company partners and joint venture companies to support pursuit and development projects.
- Visit and support joint venture companies to support any development and launch projects.
- May be involved in other industries (aerospace, medical, etc.) to develop and support lighting products.
- Travel is required nationally and internationally for customer visits and joint venture partner company support.
- May be called on to assist in other commodities as the company requires that are not related to lighting.
- Lead as the Quarterback in all activities to track and execute quoting, costs and timing for all lighting products that are being developed and engineered.
- Assist Purchasing with the documents to acquire accurate quotes from supply base or lead activities in creating cost estimates.
- Prepare presentations to represent product direction and requirements both internally and externally in PowerPoint, excel, word, etc.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel to provide direction to develop lighting products.
- Research the latest concepts in LED and Electronic for products being developed.
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must be knowledgeable of lighting technology including current and future trends. Must be able to create leads at various potential customers for engaging in lighting pursuit. Will be responsible for giving customer presentations and chasing potential customer leads, quarterbacking lighting quote activities from organizing customer information into data base, setting up reviews and driving the team to accomplish the steps for quote submission. Will be responsible for managing tracking database for all quote and business activities with respect to lighting account. Needs to be well versed in the latest in lighting technologies as well as upcoming/emerging technologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.