- - Shelby Township
SUMMARY: The Mechanical Data Management Engineer Intern will be responsible for managing large volumes of mechanical engineering data and product specifications, maintaining accurate documentation of product design changes and revisions, participating in product testing and validation, identifying opportunities for process improvement, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate should possess strong organizational and analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access, knowledge of product data management systems, and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Gather, organize, and manage large volumes of mechanical engineering data and product specifications.
- Develop and maintain data management tools and databases to enable efficient data access, retrieval, and analysis.
- Support product development by participating in design reviews, creating, and modifying CAD models, assisting in product testing and validation, and creating bills of materials (BOMs).
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data across multiple systems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in data management, product development, and other areas of the organization.
- Collaborate with teams to develop and implement process improvements that enhance efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Document processes and procedures and provide training to other team members as needed.
- Pay attention to details with a focus on accuracy and completeness of data and documentation.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be proficient in CAD software, such as NX and CATIA.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, and other database tools.
- Have knowledge of product data management systems (e.g., Siemens Teamcenter) a plus.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Strong academic performance
- Availability for multiple work terms is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts