Bilingual Human Resources Generalist
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is an ambassador of the HR Department and supports the operation in all aspects of Human Resources which includes: recruitment, employee relations, process improvement, performance management, workers compensation, leave management, leadership development and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provides advice and counsel to hourly/salary employees to maintain a positive, productive and environment free of discrimination, unfairness, and inconsistencies. Provides feedback regarding policies, procedures and programs and proposes revisions, as necessary.
- Serves as a liaison for expressing employee concerns.
- Provides direct support and coaching to all levels of the plant operations.
- Lend support to employees concerning employee relations activities and investigating grievances/complaints.
- Leads recruitment effort for exempt and non-exempt personnel.
- Recruits through agencies, internet applicants and other means available.
- Interview for new hire plant associates.
- Conducts new hire orientations.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to Human Resources.
- Complies with and drives compliance with JVIS Safety and Quality practices.
- Acts as a benefits liaison between provider and employees.
- Assists with Worker's Compensation, COBRA and FMLA.
- Assists with the completion and submission of incident reports for workers compensation.
- Maintains and audits employee files.
- Investigates employee complaints and assist in resolving conflicts.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Must be able to build a rapport with all levels of staff.
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage – is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001
Working knowledge of EEO, Federal & State employment laws, Worker's Comp, STD and LTD issues. Ability to coach, influence, facilitate and problem solve. Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results. The ideal candidate will possess above-average interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Demonstrable multi-tasking, prioritization and problem-solving skills are a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Familiarity with labor relations and contract negotiation a plus. 3-5 years' experience in a generalist capacity within the discipline of Human Resources. Manufacturing and union experience required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and walk.. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.