3rd Shift Maintenance Technician
- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician's primary responsibility is to ensure that equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use optimizing equipment up-time. The purpose of the Maintenance employee is to make scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing. Reports administratively to the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensure preventative / predictive maintenance on equipment, machinery, tools and document PM through the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Review and inspect equipment on a daily basis for safe and proper operating conditions.
- Assist with major job repairs to machine, equipment or components and troubleshooting when needed.
- Submit requests to Maintenance Supervisor for proper approval and authorization for machine replacement parts, equipment or components.
- Change oil on equipment as recommended by manufacturer.
- Follow all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per MPI's / OSHA requirements.
- Responsibilities include all listed above, but are not limited to only those listed above.
- Complete any and all tasks or assignments as requested by Management
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. 3-5 years maintenance experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing environment. Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, programmable controller problems. Experience in operating various machining equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.