Tool Repair Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Tool Repair Technician's primary responsibilities include designing, developing and repairing tools by implementing and tracking projects, running reports for programs, and using dedicated software when required. Reports to the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ability to use Injection Mold Tool repair.
- Manage tool PM log and preform PM's when required.
- Track tools and run reports for current and new programs when they arise.
- Provide support for all engineering changes that happen within the facility and company when needed.
- Participate in all first sample try-outs, and provide processing input.
- Use knowledge and understanding of valve gate controllers, hot runners, and manifolds in order to best fulfil job requirements.
- Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE A minimum of seven years' experience working as a Plastic Injection Tool maker for automotive parts. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook e-mail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.