- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Mold Setter's primary responsibility is to ensure a correct and proper mold change is done and certified in a safe and timely fashion, when required by scheduling or engineering. Reports functionally to the Section Supervisor and Molding Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Report to work with the correct tools to do the job.
- Complete die change safely and in a timely manner.
- Set up die change in an efficient manner, gather all tools prior to starting mold change.
- Read, understand, and follow the mold change checklist and certify mold change is correct by signing check sheet and filing.
- Maintain a clean and organized work and storage area.
- Clean and wipe down machines (secondary equipment, thermolaters, grinders, air compressors, air dryers, water pumps, glue pumps, dryers, etc.)
- Make sure all bolts, clamps, hoses, etc. not being used, be removed from press, and put placed in defined storage area.
- Confirm that mold is clean and ready to start production, prior to certifying mold change is complete.
- Clean molds for production, spray rust preventive on molds before storage.
- Think safety first, follow all safety rules and prescribed.
- Notify Supervisor of any safety related issues immediately.
- Be involved in your job, ask questions, and do not assume anything.
- Make suggestions in accordance with Continuous Improvement Principles.
- Report any hazardous waste spills immediately to respective personnel.
- Responsibilities include all listed above but are not limited to only those listed above.
- Complete all tasks or assignments as requested by Management or Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Must be able to eventually move into a mold tech position.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum of one year of previous Mold Setter experience. Knowledge of work instructions. Complete Lock Out Tag Out, Overhead Crane and Hi-Lo training. Knowledge of Hydraulics, Electrical, Material and Water line set-up as related to Mold Setting. People and Safety oriented. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be a team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.