- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Production Assistant reports directly to the Production Supervisor on the production floor. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the production supervisor in day-to-day responsibilities and immediately addressing all safety and quality issues and escalating them to their reporting supervisor; other duties and tasks may be assigned as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Validate new operator training for effectiveness and consistency and reinforce training where needed
- Responsible for verifying the Red Rabbit has been completed where used
- Escalate policy violation issues to shift supervisor
- Validate container labels for non-scan on demand jobs are correct in their work cells
- Ensure Housekeeping is being enforced throughout the plant
- Ensure that all operators are making parts that meet or exceed customers quality expectations
- Verify all production paperwork is complete and accurate prior to turning into production supervisor
- Coordinate mold change start up parties
- Validate all indirect labor verifications are complete and accurate (EG: Process Verification, Material Logs, Mold change check sheets, Cell audits, Hilo Check Sheets)
- LPA Audits
QUALIFICATIONS The Production Assistant must have a thorough understanding of the production process, posses a sense of urgency and be safety oriented and quality minded. The candidate for this position must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and communicate effectively.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school degree or equivalent is required for this position. Previous experience as a Team Leader or similar experience is preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.