Paint Process Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: A Process Technician is a manufacturing support person, who is responsible to facilitate process adherence through training, monitoring and managing process methods, with a goal for customer satisfaction through continuous improvement and cost reduction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Isolates, diagnoses and resolves all paint, assembly and pack processing problems.
- Works with the shift supervisor to coordinate all floor activities in conjunction with the shift supervisor's production priorities; must be able to fill in for the paint supervisor in his/her absence. (where applicable)
- Monitors and maintains the processes by performing periodic station checks to ensure adherence to established and documented process parameters. This may include quality checks sensitize testing.
- Participates in sampling, Phase II, Phase III, and pre-production launch activities, including time studies and paint usages.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining material usage productivity and objectives.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the work area at all times.
- Helps train direct employees in all positions. (if applicable).
- Must have a good understanding of quality standards.
- Completes all necessary paperwork to ensure optimal operating conditions.
- Performs robot programming, editing, troubleshooting, and minor maintenance on equipment (if applicable).
- Participates in process development and optimization.
- Reacts appropriately to problems on the floor by informing supervisory personnel and rendering assistance in solving problems.
- Monitors process deviations to ensure that they are being adhered to and that they are being properly processed through the system.
- Ensures that the clean room procedures are maintained at all times. (where applicable)
- Follows plant safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for daily mylar film build test.
- Must be able to convey process information verbally and in writing.
- Participate in Synchronous Manufacturing effort.
- Perform in-process audits using process checklists, follow-up with corrective actions.
- Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Education or equivalent preferred. Minimum of three years' experience in high volume industrial spray-painting environment and/or experience in working with robots.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts