- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Process Technician primary responsibilities include monitoring and optimizing production processes throughout our facility and to develop and implement documentation, procedures and policies within our operating systems while maintaining IATF, ISO 14001 and while meeting customer specifications. Reports functionally to Molding Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Start up equipment and shut down equipment before and after designated company shut down periods.
- Complete first piece sign-off procedure reviewing current concerns and operator quality concerns.
- Verify that the setup and material match BOM and the correct amount of regrind is being used.
- Respond to problems identified by both operators and Plantstar calls.
- Communicate with oncoming shift if issues and concerns arise by walking through each machine and identifying problems or potential problems. Explaining if a status of a job changes or elaborating on which machines are down.
- Support engineering sample runs and provide floor support to the Engineering Department.
- Review Op report and direct job setters in tool changes and sign off job sets.
- Actively participate in JVIS' Health, Safety, and Environmental activities to support a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate preparation of auxiliary items.
- Purge, mold clean, tag, save, and tag last shot.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record to ensure timely work completion.
- Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lead cross functional teams and provide direction to manufacturing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED preferred. Plastic Injection Molding background with a minimum of three years' experience in plastics processing. Must be experienced in mold set-ups, trouble shooting, exposure to maintenance problems and be familiar with state-of-the-art controls on machines and robots. Strong leadership and people skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.