- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Hi-Lo Driver's primary responsibility is to assist the manufacturing floor wherever and whenever needed. The Hi-Lo Driver is to ensure that machinery is stocked with appropriate materials. The assigned manufacturing section must be cleaned and orderly, per 5S, and EMS standards. All product must be packaged and labeled correctly before removing it from the manufacturing floor. Reports functionally to the Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Cleaning of Section (Eliminating safety hazards, sweeping, mopping, wiping down, etc...)
• Accurately band all bins/boxes of parts, per the Packaging Instruction Sheet.
• Replenish supplies. (clips, glue, alcohol, etc.).
• Confirm that required packaging is at the Line/Machine/or correct staging area.
• Complete any other task or assignments as delegated through management.
• Removal of finished stock.
• Operating Hi-Lo in a safe manner and in accordance with requirements.
• Verify labeling is correct. (See Packaging Instruction Sheet.).
• Verifying and stage finished product in respective area.
• Ensure hold staged products (Red Tags) are put in designated area, out of production use.
• Ensure completion of General housekeeping, 5S, and organization of workstation throughout the shift.
• Ensure that work cells are properly cleaned and organized according to 5S principles prior to leaving at the end of the shift. Confirm with Section supervisor prior to leaving at the end of the shift.
• Make suggestions to facilitate continuous improvement and proper flow within the manufacturing areas.
• Think Safety First; follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Ensure proper safety equipment is used correctly, at all times.
• Responsibilities include all, but are not limited to only, those listed above.
• Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED preferred. Minimum of one year of prior Hi-Lo driving experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.