2nd Shift CMM Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The C.M.M. Technician is primarily responsible for running C.M.M. programs based on CAD data or prints supplied by the customer and performing dimensional studies based on that data. The C.M.M. Technician has the authority to coordinate requests for layout inspection to ensure that results are provided to the appropriate parties in a timely manner to prevent project or engineering change scheduling delays.
Reports functionally to the Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Represent JVIS to the customer's Quality Assurance function, attending customer required meetings and reporting open issues or concerns in a timely manner and responding when required with documented corrective action.
- Perform part layouts, capability studies, GRR & gage inspections.
- Perform dimensional studies (when applicable) as defined in the quality plan and/or documented procedures and reporting statistical data to appropriate party.
- Maintain documented procedures to control calibrate and maintain, the C.M.M. (and its software).
- Ability to use hand tools such as calipers, micrometers & height gage/indicator.
- Maintain appearance and functionality of C.M.M.
- Maintenance of C.M.M. Statistical software files.
- Any other job deemed necessary by Department head(s)
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001
- Directly Supervise and/or perform the following:
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures. Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum of one-year CMM Operation, Brown and Sharpe PC-DMIS software, Metrology and its application, and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility. Experience in computer information systems (i.e. Microsoft windows, Excel, Word) and computer programming. Proficient with PC-DMIS, Datapage, GD&T, statistics and Blueprint reading. Expertise using PC-DMIS - Write inspection programs using PC-DMIS. Must be able to write, edit and debug CMM measurement programs. Mathematical ability for calculations necessary throughout part layout or sample evaluation. Working knowledge of geometry and trigonometry. Knowledge of inspection methods for part and fixture layouts. Quality and part submission requirements of automotive OEM's.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts