Feed Room Operator
- - Clinton Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Feed Room Operator's primary responsibility is to keep hoppers filled with material. The Feed Room Operator has the authority to contact Receiving Supervisor when labeling defects or material defects occur and any other issues that arise. Reports functionally to the Materials Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Making sure hoppers stay full and nothing runs outs.
- Change materials during mold changes
- Dumping regrind barrel and using regrind as applicable.
- Blending material.
- Keeping feed room swept and clean.
- Banding and putting away color changes.
- Set up color changes.
- Consume lot track labels.
- Helping out on receiving dock when needed.
- Make sure that the correct material is loaded.
- Completing cycle counts as required.
- Setup of MacGuire units to proper letdown ratio.
- Cleaning and replacing filters on presses and surge bins along with dryers as required
- Verifies feed room equipment is working properly including dryers. Reports when there is a malfunction.
- Any other job deemed necessary by department heads.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum of one year of related experience. Familiar with Material I.D. Familiar with IATF 16949 policies and procedures. Knowledge of work instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.